Wednesday, March 3, 2010

We have the file of a precious little girl...

The first child we were originally interested in has found her forever family. She was placed last Thursday and I am thrilled for her. We will forever remember that cute, chubby face and that she was the one who opened our hearts again regarding adoption. She was an instrumental part in us pursuing this at this time and now we are on to find our baby girl.

Each week is like a new beginning to me. On Monday, I was glad to see that Holt had some new referrals. One particular cutie caught my eye and I immediately called Michael at work. We looked over her information and decided to e-mail the Waiting Child Program at Holt and request her file. We didn't hear anything on Monday (despite my stalking my e-mail like I crazy person).

Tuesday was a pretty wild day. I was working on the boys' clothing for consignment and running on very little sleep, but then a phone call from Eugene, OR changed my day! It was Erin with the WCP (Waiting Child Program) and she was sending us the file of this sweet little baby girl. When I say little, I mean little: she is tiny! When I hung up the phone, I literally did a "Happy Baby Dance" right there in the kitchen! I set my phone to ding when I got an e-mail and after many false-alarms dings (thanks to the 20 people who decided THAT was the best time to e-mail me), there it was! We have the file of a baby girl in Korea and I especially enjoyed all the pictures they sent of her. Michael and I sat down last night and went through every page of her file together last night. We both feel optimistic about pursuing this child, so we said a prayer for her and for us to have clarity on how we should proceed.

I had big plans of sleeping in this morning, but I just couldn't. I wanted to get her file to our pediatrician, Dr. Christian this morning as soon as I could. I gathered up her file, threw some clothes on and Andrew and I headed out with file in hand. I dropped off her file and now we wait. We adore our pediatrician; she is fabulous! I got a call back about an hour later saying she had the file and that she would review it, but things were pretty crazy there today, so it might be later in the week. I reminded them that we have 10 days to say "yes" or "no" and she said she would remind her of that time frame and would call me back when she wants to sit down and talk about this child.

I decided to go ahead and contact another local pediatrician who specializes in International Adoptions and ask about having her review the medical files as well. I am waiting to hear about when we can get in with her, but I indicated to the lady on the phone that there was a time sensitivity regarding this particular case, so she went ahead and e-mailed the doctor (since she as off today). I expect to hear back from her today and then I will send her the file.

So now we wait. I'm praying this verse today: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." We appreciate your prayers as we make a decision regarding this baby.

~Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment