Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"I will not leave you orphaned, I am coming for you" John 14:18

The Bible talks a lot about the concept of adoption. We are adopted as His children through Jesus. "For as many are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father." The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs -- heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together." Romans 8:14-17

It's kinda cool to think about the fact that we don't deserve our salvation and to be His child, but He WANTS us. He wants a relationship with us and to give us something that we don't deserve. He wants us to have all the benefits that come along with being a son or daughter of The King.

While I wholeheartedly believe that every child deserves to have a home, a loving family: it is interesting to think about giving a child a hope that they otherwise wouldn't have. An adopted child has all the same rights as a biological child. I don't know what it will feel like to have a child in our home that I did not carry in my tummy, but I do know that God is working His plan for our family and He has called us to action. He is asking us to step out in faith and do something that might not make sense to many people (I have a feeling that I'm going to get some "you already have children" comments), but I have always known that we would add children to our family through adoption and we believe that that time has come! I love this child already and we have never met, but God has our child already picked out just for us!

We are thankful to be on this journey and hope that you'll commit to praying for us during this adventure! ~paula



Here's a cute pics of my boys working on a Valentine's Day Craft. Next year we could have 3 kids in our Valentine's craft picture. God is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment