Friday, May 14, 2010

In one week...

In one week we will know if this sweet girl is our daughter! We can't share her picture on here b/c well, quite frankly: it's not ours to share (yet), but let me assure you, she is PRECIOUS! I can't wait to get my hands on that hair and look out Becky Lollar, I'm gonna need some bows!

So, here's where we are. We finished up our questionnaires and sent them in (it took us 20 pages). I'd like to give a big shout out to my high school English teacher who made me write all those essays; I put those skills to good use over the last week. We need to schedule our phone interview for early next week and then ... committee meets NEXT THURSDAY (May 20th) to choose her family. Right now, there are 3 families going to committee for her and we should find out that day if she is ours or not.

I called our caseworker for our homestudy and touched base with her about getting that knocked out, ASAP. I really made a mess out of one of the forms, so she is sending me a new one. I'll give the credit to the nerves and sleep-deprivation and the end of the school year craziness.

How crazy is it that in 1 week we will know if we are the parents of a 6 month old little girl who is 1/2 way around the world? I think it's awesome - and terrifying - and exciting - and just about every other emotion all at once. But then I think about how none of this is unknown to God. He knew who her forever family would be well before she was even conceived. He knows exactly the child He has for our family. I'm finding comfort in the fact that He is in control.

So, here's where you come in. We need your prayers. Pray for this little girl. Pray for the committee (can I just say I would NEVER want to be on that committee). Pray for us and the other 2 families that are all eager to welcome home this little girl. Pray for super-dooper-ultra-fast paperwork with no holdups so she can be home with her forever family soon!

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." - john 14:18


UPDATE: Our phone interview is set for Wednesday, 5/19 at 4:00 Central (2:00 Pacific) and should take about one hour. Please be in prayer Wednesday and Thursday as these are critical times that will change the rest of our lives and the life of this precious little one!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I found your blog via the Holt forum -- I saw your comment about going to committee soon. I think we are going to committee for the same little girl. Your family is beautiful! No matter what, this sweet little girl will have a great family and all of us will at some point be matched with a child, even if not next week.

    My email is ramsey74@yahoo.com, if you'd like to "chat."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness! Really? I'll totally e-mail you right now! I am so excited for her. I hope that one day she will know that she was not only wanted, but that she was wanted by 3 families! I can't help but think about her right now, 1/2 way around the world while each family prepares to be changed forever by adding her to theirs forever! You are so right, she will have a great family and we will all eventually be matched, which means that 2 more babies out there have a mommy and daddy coming for them too!

    ReplyDelete