Friday, June 25, 2010

Homestudy Approved!


Okay, since we all know we're doing this SO backwards, we had to do our homestudy with a quickness once we were matched with Zoe. Well, 37 days later, I am happy to report that 1.) it wasn't as fast as I had hoped (I was shooting for 30 days), but 2.) we are DONE! It's typed, turned in and approved by Holt (USA).

The Korean Program Director at Holt prefers that the social workers e-mail her the copy first, so she can look over it and suggest any corrections without having to wait for the mail to get it there and then the social worker makes the corrections, signs, notarizes and mails it to Holt! We got word today that it was received via e-mail and approved, so now we're waiting on that official copy to get to Oregon so we can officially sign the acceptance papers of Zoe's referral! A quick sign of those and overnight them back (Praise God the hubs works for FedEx here in Memphis) and the Legals should arrive next. Once we have those legals in hand, it is time to kick those prayers into HIGH GEAR as we face the I600!

They've recently made some changes in the I600 process and let's just say it hasn't exactly been running smoothly for other adoptive families (any shocker here, we are dealing with the US government, after all)! I hope that with all the recent mess, that they've worked most of the kinks out. One poor lady I know has been waited 14 weeks for approval. I don't know if I could handle that as beautifully as she has.

This was a long LONG 37 days and I'm SO GLAD this step is finally over so we can move on! I need that baby girl home! Hang on sweet girl, mama & daddy are coming for you!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! So happy that part is done for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to rejoice with you as another step along the way is completed!!! Come on I600!!!

    ReplyDelete