Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Teach Me Something Tuesday: I'll be ok as long as it is a #18 at every place we eat


Ok, it looks like "Teach Me Something Tuesday" is up to me this time. (yeah, me Michael) I'm not much of writer outside of computer code, but I'll take a stab at this. In order to comply with full disclosure laws, or whatever, some of this information will come from wikipedia; the rest will be made up by me.

Thus far, my Korean dinning experience is limited to once, a few weeks ago, when Bates (and his mom and dad) treated our family to some fine dinning at Seoul Garden in Nashville. What I had that night is what we'll learn about today: Bulgogi. Traditionally, Bulgogi is a Korean dish made from marinated BBQed beef (or chicken or pork). I cheated that night and had the chicken, because almost 99% of the time, I get chicken at whatever restaurant we go to. I guess it's just habit by now.

What did it taste like? Well, like chicken of course. It was good, and I borrowed some hot sauce from Nick (Bates's dad) to spice it up a bit.

Paula did have the beef Bulgogi, and I tried it. It tasted like a beef flavored version of the chicken.




For the rest of the meal, we shared (as is the Korean custom) the sides of cabbage kimchi, radish kimchi, eggs of some sort, some smoky stuff that was between jello and hard boiled egg whites in texture, and other things that I tried but could not identify, and of course rice. It was kinda neat trying new things. I was actually more adventurous that Paula, which is odd considering my "domestic" palate.

Anyway, that's about all I have for now. Thanks for playing along. (and yes this counts as Tuesday, because I started the post before midnight)

No comments:

Post a Comment