Wednesday, July 14, 2010

ACCEPTANCE PAPERS have arrived AND Legals are en route!

Praise the Lord! I really didn't think I could wait any longer. 56 days after being matched at committee with our precious Zoe, we have her official referral and acceptance paperwork. We also received word that her Legal Documents were sent via FedEx today and will arrive on Monday (so I guess that means I can stop staring the FedEx driver down when he drives down the street for the next few days). Now, Monday, Mr. FedEx man, you better look out b/c I might knock you down to get that package in my hands.

So, as I sit and type this: Michael is printing the INSANE amount of papers that need to be filled out, signed (and some notarized) so they can make their way to Korea. Let's just say it'll be a LATE night here in the Sloan house. I'm about to put a pot of coffee on b/c this mama might not be able to control how fast anyone else moves in this process, but she can control how fast she moves and she prefers "lightning speed"! These papers will be filled out, signed, notarized and at FedEx tomorrow. Who needs sleep anyway?

Here's a quick rundown of what's next:
1. Fill out these acceptance papers and send them to Holt International (our US agency) and they will send them to Holt in Korea. This will get the ball rolling on the Korean side. She'll need things like an Emigration Permit, Visa, etc.
2. Once we have those Legals in hand, we'll fill out and file our I-600 and I-600a. This is with the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services). This will clear her for coming here for the purpose of being adopted and becoming a US Citizen.

So, please continue to pray for our family as we proceed (at break-neck speed) to bring our baby girl home. Pray that things are done in an efficient and timely manner and that things are done correctly the first time so that we don't have to go back and re-submit anything. It's my earnest prayer that we have Zoe in our arms by her first birthday! I need to be with her on her first birthday. It's going to take a miracle, but OUR GOD is the one who can do it! Come on prayer warriors, now is the time to rally to get this girl home quickly!

Off to start the coffee!


1 comment:

  1. Great goal! Glad you got the papers, and praying that things keep clipping along! I thought the same thing with our paperwork...I may not be able to make anybody else get it in gear, but I will not be the hold-up!!!:) Keep it up!:) Can't wait for her to be home with you:)

    ReplyDelete