Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Teach Me Something Tuesday: What's Next?

The question that I answer OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER is "What's next?" or "Have you heard anything yet?" I know each and every person who asks us this is genuinely asking because they are honestly interested (and so few people know how the international adoption process works and it really does vary from country to country, agency to agency- somewhat). With that said, the SECOND we know something, we'll let you know, we'll post on Facebook, we'll call you, we'll send an email, we'll post on our blog. I'm honestly trying not to be irritated when someone asks this question and it's not that I'm irritated that they are asking, I'm irritated that I have to respond with "nope, haven't heard anything". This is the waiting period and it's not easy. In fact, there are days when it gets the best of me. Knowing my child is 1/2 way around the world and I can't get to her any faster irritates me. It more than irritates me somedays. Somedays it is unbearable.

So, instead of focusing on teaching you about something in regards to the Korean culture/country, I have decided to explain what is next and what we can be expecting next.

Well, basically, we're waiting. Big news flash, hu?

1. We're waiting for our I-600 and I-600A approval. This is with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (US side)
2. We're also waiting to hear that Zoe's been submitted for an Emmigration Permit (in Korea) and once it's submitted, we'll wait approximately another month for it's approval. This is basically permission from the Korean government for Zoe to leave the country.
*I feel it's important to note that we could get the EP before the I-600 approval or vice-versa. The I-600 and I-600A happens here in the US and the EP happens in Korea. We need both and they are completely independent of one another, but we need BOTH to move forward.

Once we have approval of both the EP and the I-600, Zoe will have her physical for her visa and will make her Embassy Appearance and then we should receive our long awaited TRAVEL CALL!

And I'll leave you with this, a pic of the boys with their sister!


No comments:

Post a Comment