Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Wait at the End of our Journey

The wait at the end of our journey has been one filled with anticipation, but also peace. I know we must have a lot of people praying for us because I have peace that God will have us in Korea at the exact moment that He chooses.

I frequent the adoption forums through our agency and the support, advice, and wealth of information I've received there, but mostly the encouragemnt I've received from these other adoptive parents has been the best thing for me. Here at the end, they have been our cheerleaders. "Team Zoe" has totally warmed my heart posting guesses for our travel call, some of the ladies are giving up chips and cokes (thanks SeoulMama) and christmas cookies (thanks perfect timing) and coffee (that's a big one from 3heartstoshepherd) until that call comes... and now I think a few more are joinging the FAST for TRAVEL CALL now! How amazing is that?!?!? Complete strangers coming around us to cheer us on here at the end!

We've been busy finishing up our last week of homeschool before Christmas break, making Christmas crafts, baking yoummy goodies to share with friends, singing Christmas songs and wrapping gifts.

During this Christmas season, we are choosing to have JOY and trusting that He will have us in Korea when He wants us to be there. Maybe He will have us sit by someone specific on a plane, maybe He wants us to cross paths with someone specific so that we can be a blessing to them.

I don't know when the call will come or if Zoe will be home for Christmas or not, but what I do know is that I have faith in the One who does know, He is in control and I trust Him completely to work ALL THINGS for my GOOD. Obviously, we want Zoe home now; we want her in our arms now, but ultimately, we are not in control and I have peace that His timing will be perfect!

We're hoping for that call this week, but whenever it comes, we know that there is a beautiful Korean girl who will be in our arms and our hearts forever. We thank God everyday for the gift of this precious daughter.

~paula


2 comments:

  1. Oh Paula! What a beautiful post. I am praying for peace for you and your family during this wait. And you are so right, God has the perfect time for EVERYTHING! Blessings to you! I absolutely cannot wait to see Zoe Grace in your arms!!!!

    ReplyDelete